I have a 3.5 year old daughter who for the most part has reached all of the language milestones for her age group. If I could rate the way she speaks from 1 to 10, I would give her a 5.
- Understands the concepts of same and different
- Has mastered some basic rules of grammar
- Speaks in sentences of five to six words
- Speaks clearly enough for strangers to understand
- Tells stories
I have two concerns though. I was reading up on problems with speech and I noticed that my daughter does the following:
- Responds to a question by repeating it, rather than answering it.
- Refers to herself in the third person.
When she was younger, we always repeated what she said so that she would hear it clearly.
My question is: How concerned should I be?