Pregnancy Parenting: What to Do When You Discover You Are Pregnant
Pregnancy parenting ...
... is what you should be thinking about during the critical period between conception and birth. This marks your initiation into motherhood. What can you do to prepare yourself for this rite of passage? How can you give your baby the best possible start in life? This article will give you some important tips.
When you discover that you are pregnant, you suddenly become responsible for someone other than yourself. Although you may have helped take care of others before, parenting takes the concept of stewardship to a brand new level.
Pregnancy Parenting Advice
- Your body is no longer your own. You are sharing it with another being that depends on you for nourishment. If you have unhealthy habits like smoking, eating junk food or partying late into the night, make the decision to stop. Your child's life depends on it and so does yours. As pregnant woman, it is your responsibility to give your child the best possible start.
Do this by nourishing yourself and your baby with food that comes directly from the Earth—eat lots of fresh fruit and fresh or lightly steamed dark green leafy vegetables. Choose whole grains such as wheat, rye, barley and rice. Eat some protein at every meal. Choose healthy oils, like olive oil, coconut oil and flax.
- Get plenty of rest. Take a nap during the day if possible. Your body repairs itself during sleep. Since you are growing a life inside of you, your body needs all the energy it can get to help form a healthy fetus. If you simply can't take naps, learn how to meditate.
- Get some exercise. Don't use pregnancy as an excuse to become a couch potato. Get up and move. Go out for a nice, vigorous walk and enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of the world around you. Exercise gives you a break from stress and mind chatter, helping you to feel centered in yourself.
- Consider creating a nursery that is furnished with organic bedding and toys for a toxin free environment that will give your child the best possible start in life. Prepare ahead of time buying all the things you'll need to prepare for the baby, like a car seat, stroller, baby swing and more. To make things easy and more cost-effective, make your important purchases online at Amazon's Baby Store which offers everything you'll need for your child.
- Pregnancy parenting requires that you reflect upon your childhood and how you were raised. Which values do you want to pass on to your child? How do you want to do things differently than your parents? This is a good time to begin reading a
that can guide you through the transitions ahead.
Pregnancy parenting can be a joyous time of life. I've never felt so beautiful or feminine as I did when I was pregnant. Literally, I felt like I was blossoming (and I was). If you came from a dysfunctional family, you will want to make sure not to pass on this dysfunction to your child. Please consider taking my online
to help you gain insight into your upbringing so you can create a better life for yourself and your child.
About the author:Laura Ramirez is the author of the award-winning book, Keepers of the Children: Native American Wisdom and Parenting. The book is the only parenting book that combines ancient native concept like stewardship with heart-centered psychology. The book teaches parents how to raise children to develop their strengths and unfold their spiritual nature. As a parent, this is the most beautiful gift you can give your child. Laura also teaches parenting classes. She lives in the sage-dotted foothills of Northern Nevada with her husband and two children.
Pregnancy Parenting - Parenting
Copyright © 2006. All rights reserved. This article may not be copied in full or in part without the express written permission of the author, but you may link to it from your web site, forum or blog. pregnancy parenting