Molested By Pediatrician at 13

by Tom
(Shrewsbury, PA)

I was given my first "adult" physical by my pediatrician 35 years ago. The man molested me - measured my penis with a cloth tape measure (among other things) and inserted his ungloved finger into my rectum repeatedly, without any explanation of what he was doing or why he was doing it.

To this day, I still have major trust issues with doctors and can't bring myself to get a physical exam. I know I'm risking my health, but I struggle with this constantly.

I'll never forget walking out of that office and saying to myself that I would never let that happen to me again. Is there any way to get in touch with a doctor that deals with men like me?
I live in Shrewsbury, PA.

Comments for Molested By Pediatrician at 13

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 29, 2012
Boy Molested by His Pediatrician
by: Laura Ramirez

I am so sorry that this happened to you. As a boy molested by his pediatrician, it's no wonder that you distrust authority figures, particularly doctors, but as you mention, this may be putting you at risk because the trauma is preventing you from having regular checkups.

I do know someone who can help you. My husband is a therapist of over 30 years who specializes in trauma (particularly incest and molestation), its aftermath and moving beyond it to reclaim your life. It's time to stop letting that pediatrician abuse you by doing the inner work to get past this event and taking care of your health. This way, you can find a good doctor who is caring, kind and respectful in your area and trust that you won't be made to feel vulnerable.

My husband works with clients over Skype. You can contact him by clicking on the Contact Us link near the bottom of the navigation bar. Just tell me that you posted on my site and would like to talk with him and I will send you his number. I do not want to publish his email on my site because then everyone will have access to it.

No matter what you do, please get help. Don't let this man continue to abuse you. Help heal that boy inside of you who was hurt by an authority that he should have been able to trust.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Incest.