Christian Single Parenting - 3 Important Tips for Single Christians
Christian single parenting ...
... although it's difficult to be a single parent, you can raise your children to be caring and successful adults. Just look at some of the notable people who were raised in single parent homes: Michael Phelps, the 8 time Gold Medal Olympian swimmer, Tom Cruise, the actor, Vanessa Redgrave, Anne Heche and Jodie Foster, all actresses. Then there is Alexander Haig, former White House Chief of Staff and Malcolm Forbes to name a few. In this article, you'll learn tips for navigating the world of the single parent while raising kids who honor and respect you and act from strong values even when you're not around.
Christian Single Parenting
- Make your children your priority. Children grow up fast and the chance to spend time with them and shape their future will never come again. If you want to date and there's nothing wrong with this, make sure your dating partner understands that your children come first. Focus most of your energy into creating a warm, loving, supportive and stable environment. Spend time with your children. There are plenty of things you can do that don't cost that much if you're on a limited budget like watching classic family movies that reveal good morals and development of character.
- Don't feel guilty. Although it would be better for your children to grow up in a two-parent home, don't spend time ruminating about this, instead, put your energy into doing the best you can, teaching your children about their inner world and the world around them. Likewise, don't feel guilty about your need for adult companionship. After all, you are a human being and it's good for your children to see you act like one.
- If you have a child who is chronically defiant, disobedient, disrespectful or mean-spirited, get help immediately. If you bury your head in the sand, the problem will only worsen and one day, you will have the authorities at your door. Take care of issues like this as soon with at-home behavioral program that will teach you how to transform your child's behavior. One day, your child will be bigger and stronger than you and if you don't take care of this now, you may pay for it later.
- Like children, adults have the need for intimacy and connection to a signficant person in their life. If you can make time for a significant other, use a Christian Dating Service . This way, you're more likely to attract a partner who shares Christian values and understands that family comes first. Keep things fun at first and only involve a partner in your children's lives when you are pretty sure that he or she is right for you. One way to tease out a person's true character that you might not otherwise discover until after you're married is to use the strategies in this resource: How to really get to know the person you are dating. Do all you can to make sure that the person you're letting into your life is good for you and your children.
- Focus on your own growth. Take the time to develop yourself physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, so you'll be a better role model and a better partner to Mr. or Mrs. Right when this person eventually comes along. There are plenty of self development programs available.
Whether you choose to have a partner while you're raising your children or not, proceed with confidence. Know that through Christian single parenting methods, many children have grown up to become good people who are successful in their fields of interest. Relax and make use of the resources available to you. You may even want to take ideas from a good Christian parenting book
and make them your own.
Christian Single Parenting - Christian Parenting
Feel free to link to this article from your web site, blog or forum. Christian single parentingInsights into the Core Issues Today's Parents Face
Build Your Own Web Business