I am a child care worker, I have a boy in my 2-3 year old room who will turn 2 at the start of july.
I have noticed several behaviours this child displays:
- will walk around seemingly aimlessly, then if he catches your eye, will run at you and throw himself at you, then move off again
-tends to stay at an activity for not more than 20-30seconds.
- hits children, without being provoked. If the child says "no" or "stop" he will continue to pursue that child, chasing them around hitting and pushing them
- will follow myself around the room all day hitting me, but not the other staff member in the room and we both discipline him.
- attempts to make self vomit (sticks fingers down throat)
- fixated on balls
- pulling pants and or pull-up down
We have tried many different ways of managing his behaviour... for the hitting/pushing:
- ignoring negative behaviour and positively reinforcing positive behaviours
However these seem to have no effect. I am at my wit's end, it is difficult enough dealing with 10 toddlers let alone one who is behaving in this way. Help please!
Talking to Toddlers: Learn how to talk so little ones will listen by using NLP (neuro linguistic programming). A great solution for aggressive toddlers