Adult Child Suicide

by Gail Smith
(Branson, MO)

My adult son, 34 years old, has lost his job, his girl fiend and has no place to live. He is well educated, an accomplished welder and feels hopeless. He is an alcoholic, not drinking much now and and suffers from OCD. He is threatening suicide, saying 34 years is long enough to live. How can I help him?

Comments for Adult Child Suicide

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Aug 09, 2009
Send him to the New Warrior Adventure Weekend in St. Louis
by: Mike

He needs to get sober, and perhaps experience an initiatory weekend. Check out the Mankind Project and see if they are still doing weekends in St. Louis. Denver and Chicago may also be options.

Then get him started building an online business. He can share his expertise on welding, OCD, etc. This will give meaning to his experiences.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Parenting Advice.